Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Antique Shops Vienna

Hello



I%26#39;m hoping someone can help. I was in Vienna 2 weeks ago and walking along one of the narrow shopping streets in teh city centre I saw a shop with a beautiful painting in the window. I enquired about it, it is an Eduard Buchler painting of a Forest scene. I wish now I had bought it. The lady said the shop was one of three antique shops by the same owner, all located on the same street I think. Does anyone have any idea what the name of the shop might be or how I could contact them? I would love to buy the painting for my fiancee.



Any help much appreciated, Margie




|||







Hard question to answer.





If this shop was an art galerie- it was most probably Galerie Martin Suppan. They have 3 locations in the city center and specialize in good austrian art 19th and 29th century. This fits Buchler.



Their shops- Habsburgergasse and Braunerstrasse- near to Spsnish Riding School stables





and the 3rd shop near palais Coburg.





phone 43 (1 ) 6644328432





Possible also Zetter galeries near to Albertina





www.galerie-albertina.at





last possibility Galerie Otto also with multiple shops but i doubt they would have Buchler.





If it is an antique shop - I know of few places that have 3 shops- any other info you could provide would help. such as many paintings near Graben etc?





Try above first.




|||







I happened to be at Graben and Naglergasse today- near to Meinl-





looked in an antique shop and saw the painting you look for- nice and in a dark frame. It is central in their window.





This is antique Modlitby.







www.srna.at





website will give more info.







Not really 3 shops but places adjacent to each other on Naglergasse- a pedestrian zone.





You can usually haggle a little.. I would not accept their offeruing price. They are usually too high for the work.





Good Luck!




|||



Thanks for your help on this, that is exactly the painting I am looking for.



They are asking €3,100 for it, I will ring them and see what they say, hopefully they%26#39;ll offer a better price as its out of my budget at that!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment