Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tabor or ?...

Servus Vertical,





I wrote before about an appartment I found to stay in Vienna but guess I was not so keen and took me time to book so I lost it but I found two other places but I am not sure which one is better. Pricewise they are more or less the same.





First is Tabor Hotel. The second place is an appartment again and the address is Grosse Mohrengasse 29 in 2nd district.





I will be thankful if you can help asap.





Thank you very mucch! :)




|||



I stayed at the Hotel Tabor some years ago (that was my first trip to Vienna!) I don%26#39;t much like the 2nd district which is a bit dull and in some spots a bit rough round the edges, so I wouldn%26#39;t choose to stay there again, but the hotel itself was nice, with a very big room and good breakfasts. It%26#39;s not bad as a base; you have to walk a little way to reach an Ubahn station (U1 Nestroyplatz, and also Tram 21 will take you to Schwedenplatz with good transport connections to the whole city) but as long as you take the public transport, it will be quite convenient. (look elsewhere in this forum for info on the public transport tickets and passes, which are good value).





I don%26#39;t know the other apartment, and I%26#39;m not sure exactly where that%26#39;s located but you could try looking up the phonebook for the exact location - see www.herold.at





rol




|||







Merhaba purplelulu:







Both places you mention are in the same general area. Taborstrasse and Mohrengasse run in the same direction in the city 2nd district between the Danube canal and the Prater.





Taborstrasse is convenient to the city center by streetcar 21 or probably N in that area.



Mohrengasse is closer to Praterstrasse and the U-bahn.





I do not know the apartments but the area has many older apartment buildings- some in not such good repair.





Especially along Taborstrasse , you will find many business places operated by Turkish people.



My best guess is that the hotel would be a better choice.




|||



Dear Roley,





Thank you very much for your reply. I was worried about the hotel and now I feel much better, thank you! :)





The site is also very helpful.





Thanks loads!




|||



Servus Vertical,





I guess I am way insistant and will keep checking hotels till I make it there. :) Thanks for all the info which is really helpful.





I will keep my hotel reservation. :) but not happy about the business places operated by Turkish. :) When I go abroad I try to keep away as much as possible from Turkish people. :)





Thanks a billion. :)




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment