Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gifts from UK?

I am visiting Salzburg next week and I would like to get my local guide something from UK. Nothing very expensive, just something simple but nice from UK. I don%26#39;t know any Austrian personally and have never been there before, therefore, no idea on what they will like from UK. Any suggestion welcome. By the way, my guide is a lady, probably between 30-40 of age.





Thanks




|||



We%26#39;ve just returned from Salzburg. We took our friends some traditional Scottish shortbread and a calendar showing UK scenes. I have noticed that the Austrians love table linen so something tasteful in that line might be nice. Otherwise Crabtree and Evelyn or Woods of Windsor do some lovely toiletries.





Have a good trip.




|||



thanks LizR. I think the calendar idea is brilliant.




|||



I just purchased a gift today for our host at our hotel. We leave Wednesday. I bought a nice book, paperback but glossy photos, on the historical sites of Philadelphia and a Philadelphia Christmas ornament. I also like your idea of a calendar.





How were the Christmas Markets?




|||



Hi Thelrose





The markets were spectacular as always. We particularly loved the one at Hellbrunn this year. If you%26#39;d like to see photos email me at:



liz.ringrose@talk21.com





Liz.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment